Some of the most common problems veterans tell us they experience include:
- Low or changeable mood
- Feeling anxious or vulnerable
- Losing your temper easily or having difficulties controlling anger
- Feeling “on edge” or “on the lookout” all the time
- Difficulty sleeping or having nightmares
- Using illegal drugs and/or alcohol to help you cope
- Having difficulty relating to others (including loved ones)
- Re-experiencing or remembering traumatic experiences
- Thoughts of hurting yourself or suicide
- Finding it difficult to settle back into civilian life after leaving the forces
Are you experiencing any of these difficulties? We can help. If you are a veteran, you can refer yourself directly to our service. We also accept referrals from any professional working with a veteran from any service.
We understand that it can be difficult to take the first step towards getting help. We aim to make it as easy and as quick as possible to access our service.